Friday, April 1, 2011

12 weeks later....me oh my how time flies!!!

So it is April 1st 2011....we are now 12 weeks into the new year.  I wish I could say I accomplished my whole 8 weeks lost challenge and that I am now sporting a killer pair of abs.  I am exercising more than I have in the past.  I started doing the couch potatoe to 5k with my friend Michelle.  It is a 9 week program that trains you for your first 5k.  It is somewhat made for people like me who have never ran a day in their lives, but it also works if you used to run and now want to get back into it.  I'm enjoying it so far....weeks 1 and 2 were cake, 3 I did twice and 4 is a little rough.  Our goal is to run a 5k at the end of May.

Here is the link if you are interested in the program.  There is also an app for your iphone or ipod.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

You can also like them on Facebook, which is awesome because the people on there are really motivating.


So I'm setting up a mini challenge for myself...we are going to California May 1st.  I have four weeks to really crack the whip.  My goal is work out six days a week, 3 which will be running, 2 are will be Zumba and then 2 to 3 days of strength training.  Yes that is more than 6 workouts, but the strength training can be combined on any of those other days.

I will try to update more regularly...hoping it will help keep me accountable.

Happy Exercising People!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment