Thursday, December 2, 2010

Miracles do happen!

I truly believe that without the power of prayer, from my husband, my mom, my family and my friends, that I would not have recovered as quickly as I did.  Keep in mind I was basically in and out of consciousness for 8 weeks, woke up on July 30th and was well enough to go home August 8th.  Modern science and miracles are what allowed me to survive, heal and be with my family today!  Now, what was the final diagnosis and what does that mean?  When the official term is autoimmune ecephalopathy.  It basically means I had a virus, my immune system attacked it, but then decided to work on overdrive and attack my brain and nervous system.  I had a check up in September with my neurologist who said since my case, they have had two other cases with the same diagnosis.  I guess it is a good thing they had me to practice on, to get the treatment right.  But seriously, she defined my case as monophasic, mono meaning one and phasic meaning phase, which means it should never happen again!

Picture taken June of 2010, almost 1 year to the date I went into the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment